Early in November I cut my hair again for the third time as I am leaving it short for 6 months, but that 6 month mark is soon coming to an end as December approaches. (something that I’m dreading because I have really grown to love this short hair and rocking this edgy look)
There are some minor adjustments (and trust me when I say minor) that comes with the territory when you chop it all off.
The list below will give you an idea on what life is like when you have short hair
- You will want to touch your head the whole time, considering the fact that I never had my hair short as this ever it just made me want to become one with my scalp (weird I know)
- Its cheap! A hair cut at a barber costs between R20- R50 depending on where you go and what you want to get done. I also haven’t got my hair cut a lot so its about R20 -R50 every 4-8 weeks.
- Once your hair is cut I would strongly recommend a shower, you get hair in weird places; in your ears (seriously my ears?), on your forehead and don’t even think about running your hands over your head you will be left with mini shavings on your hands.
- It’s low maintenance even when it gets a bit longer and you have to add product to style your hair.
- You sweat easily and you can feel your head sweating, sometimes it feels like there is a layer of water hovering over my head like a halo, this leads me to the next point
- You get cold and hot very easily.
- When I take a shower I don’t dodge the water The Matrix style so that my hair does not get wet, I just let it slide; excuse the pun.
- You will constantly be bombarded with questions about why you cut your hair; those that know you will ask you why you cut your hair and those that do not know will just stare unashamedly and bluntly just stare….
- Last but not least its a major decision, I prepared myself Physically (How am I going to look?), emotionally (Has my hair become a security blanket something I can hide behind, am I going to cry?) and mentally (constantly reminding yourself that soon you will be having short hair). Taking all of these things into consideration made my BC easier.
These are just some of the things that you can look forward to if you do a big chop, be prepared and don’t say that I did not warn you.
Something else you would like to know about life with short hair and that I did not mention, drop a question below, I’d be delighted to answer them. (”,)